We are very fortunate to have Mr. Watanabe with us again this year. Mr. Watanabe is a very caring, careful gentlemen who looks out for the safety of our bus children. Not only does he have safe driving record, he also supervises the maintenance of the buses and school vehicles, making sure that they operate reliably. The HIS community is grateful for their continued service.
Information regarding bus fees and general rules of the bus follows. Please review.
HIS School Bus Information
Hokkaido International School operates a bus route to and through the Maruyama / Miyanomori districts of the school and back. The bus stops are conveniently located in these popular residential districts and the other districts of the city through which the bus runs.
|Bus Annual Fee|
|per student (1 or 2 children) /year or||¥120,000|
|for a family (3 children or more) /year||¥260,000|
|per student (1 or 2 children) /year for one-way riders||¥60,000|
|for family (3 children or more)/year for one-way riders||¥180,000|
- Bus fees are payable by the year or by the quarter. Please pay in cash by each due date.
- Please report to the main office if your student will stop riding the bus or otherwise change his or her bus riding to and from school.
- In the event of non-payment of fees, no school records shall be released until fees are paid in full.
- Bus fees will be refunded on a quarterly basis.
- If your child is going to miss the bus in the morning, please call the bus driver Mr. Watanabe 090-3891-1331(Japanese only).
Enforcement of bus riding rules will continue to be enforced as follows:
- If a child violates the bus rules once, parents will be called.
- A second infraction will result in a one-day suspension from the bus.
- A third infraction will result in a one-week suspension from the bus.
Especially for younger students, parents need to be at the bus stop by the time their child arrives.
If you have any questions about the bus system, please contact HIS by phone at (011) 816-5000 or email at email@example.com.